Sunday, August 15, 2010

Why is it that display computers at various stores lag horribly on the demo videos?

I noticed this today when I went to Office Depot. Every single one of the laptops and desktops on display had the standard Vista demo video playing, and all of them, from the cheapest to the most expensive, had it lagging and very choppy. Now, most of these laptops can handle DVDs and high definition video, so why do they stutter on the stupid little Vista demo video? It seems like it would be bad for sales to have the display video performing so badly. This was also the case with the old XP computers as well.



I build my own computers so it doesn't really affect me, but it just seemed interesting.



So, can anyone tell me why this is true at every store I happen to be in? Just curious...



Why is it that display computers at various stores lag horribly on the demo videos?computer security



The problem is RAM memory.



Often these computers are rarely restarted, so the RAM memory--regardless of how much the computer has installed--becomes committed. Thus, all store computers will lag.



Ask a store clerk to restart the computer for better performance.



  • oil pollution
  • for skin irritations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment