Friday, August 20, 2010

Do computers still come with 3.5'; floppy drive?

Do most new computers come with this or is it becoming an optional piece of equipment? Thanks



Do computers still come with 3.5'' floppy drive?suzuki



Floppy drives have become optional in today's computers, because there are many more options available with more space for today's larger data files.



If you still need portable but erasable/rewritable storage, then flash drives (sometimes called ''jump drives'') are definitely the way to go. You can get a 512MB flash drive for less than $50 at any major electronics retailer.



For permanent storage, CD-ROMs are cheap and fairly fast. Nearly every computer has a CD-ROM drive, and most computers can also burn CDs.



Do computers still come with 3.5'' floppy drive?virus



This is becoming optional.
I just bought a laptop and it doesn't have a floppy drive. I think some of the desktops I saw when shopping still had them.



Floppies are pretty much a thing of the past- cd-rw's are almost as cheap and if you need an emergency boot device- a cd-rom/dvd drive will do just fine.
The ironic part is that you may need a floppy for SATA RAID drivers.



I have found a need for a floppy with hard disk utilities every now and then. The one I got for my computer has a reader for Compact Flash/SD cards etc. which I use much more.
Most of the time it is optional - I don't think any come standard with one.



Brian



http://www.amillionchicagopixels.com
Flash memory are the go. If you ask for a 3.5, the salesman would laugh at you. I would.
If you want yes Most people stay away from out dated objects like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment