Friday, August 20, 2010

Need to control my computers remotely?

I have 3 computers my home one had Vista my office one is vista my laptop is windows xp pro. I want to be able to remotely control these computers any one have any suggestions on how this can be done.



Need to control my computers remotely?virus scanner



remote desktop is built into vista and xp. The help file on your pc can walk you through setting it up. But if it is over the internet, you will have to forword the ports. this information can be obtained from your router manufacturers website



Need to control my computers remotely?anti virus software



youll need to set up your router to foward ports to the machines you want to control as well as procure a software solution such as remote administrator (radmin) VNC , or goto my pc, pcanywhere. there are several software solutions avaliable for a modest cost and most are ver easy to use. Look for dyndns as an alternate to a static ip address to get it all working.
It really all depends on how savvy you are. If you are not very savvy I would use GotToMyPC. RealVNC and TightVNC are OK, but they are very slow.



If you are savvy, then setup a static IP address on each of your computers you want to connect to and use the Remote Desktop Connection utility that is built right into Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment