Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I Network All my computers & printer. Please explain me step by step.?

I have a laptop, 2 desktop PC,s %26 a 4in1 HP printer. the printer is attached to one of the PC. So if I have to print anythingfrom my laptop, eather i have to connect my laptop to the printer or copy the file from laptop to the PC. If I do networking to all my computers %26 printer will I Be able to print directly from my laptop.If yes how can i network all my computers. I have LAN dsl connection to all my computers. How can I do It. Would Anyone Plz help me in this problem.



How can I Network All my computers %26 printer. Please explain me step by step.?noton



Here's what you need:



1. A Switch - 4 port



2. Cat 5- Lan cable- 3 cables each 10 m long ( get cable according to the length between your pc's, laptops and printers.



Power on your switch and all your pc's. laptop and printer, connect the Cat 5 cable on the network card of the desktop pc's and the laptop, while the other side of the Cat 5 cable should go into the switch you will see the switch lights switch on.



In your pc. go to start, control panel, to network connections, click on setup a home or small office network , click on next and next, follow instructions, just make sure of one thing that you give all the pc's one domain name: for example all the pc's domain name should be: jigga. so that every computer can see one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment