Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How I can share files on my computers?

I have a router and three computers attached to it, (like a star), One with Win XP%26 two with Win 98. High speed internet cable (Co-axel) goes to router. Network cables (RJ45) go from router to computers. I can surf the web on these simultaneously. The question is, how I can see and work with the files of one computer from an other?



How I can share files on my computers?cafe racer



Depending on your router setup, you may already have everything you need. If the router is configured as a DHCP server (auto obatin IPs) than take the IP of the computer you want to get files from and type it into the address bar of my computer in this format \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx this will open the other computer regardless of work group. make sure that you have file sharing turned on by right clicking the folder you want to share, go to sharing and enable it. if you have any more questions you can email me and i will explain it a little better.



How I can share files on my computers?free anti virus



You have to set up a home or office network. Go to control panel, click network and internet connections, and then click ''set up or change a home office network.'' Have all computers on at the same time and follow the steps. You have to do this for all of the computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment