Friday, August 20, 2010

I cant get my laptop to see other computers on my network?

I have a DSL router connected to an 8 way hub. the 7 other lines go to other computers that can all see eachother and one is hooked up to a neetgear wireless router. All my firewalls are off and all computers run XP pro. It doesn't matter if I use the wireless or hard wire into it, I can't see any other computers. If I take the netgear router out of the equation and plug straight into the laptop all computers can see eachother. I'm sure I have to change something on the netgeat router, but what?



I cant get my laptop to see other computers on my network?vista



So your setup looks like this?



DSL Router -- Hub --Wireless router -- laptop



聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽|



聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽7 other computers.



Is the hub connected to the WAN port or the LAN port of your wireless router? If it's connected to the WAN port, try the LAN port. The laptop should be connected to a LAN port.

No comments:

Post a Comment