Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Has computers taken over family time in america??

computers are in every house hold in america. with out it we cant seem to get by. but has this age of the web and emails replace our quality family bonding with our kids and families..let me know what u think.



Has computers taken over family time in america??matchless



I hated computers until I was nearly 20 because my dad has always been a seriously addicted computer nerd - no joke.



My dad had a computer 10 or 15 years before it became mainstream for most households. He was always on the computer - day %26 night %26 as a child I was constantly being scolded for interrupting him. He never spent time with me, he huffed %26 puffed any time any of us needed him for anything because it interrupted him from his computer. Christmas day to New Years Eve, every holiday, every weekend, and even in the middle of the night he would be on the computer.



The only everyday memories I have of my dad from my childhood %26 teenage years is him sitting at the desk in the corner on the computer while the rest of us ate dinner or went out or celebrated a birthday, etc.



My case is extreme, but computers have replaced emotional connections in a lot of ways. Kids are playing on computers on their summer breaks instead of going outside %26 entertaining themselves like a lot of us had to.



Has computers taken over family time in america??norton 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment