Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gateway computers?

I was just curious how everyone feels about gateway computers? Im going to purchase a new one in the next few days and am between an HP and a Gateway. I'm sort of leaning towards the gateway due to the price/specs. What has been your experience with Gateway?



Gateway computers?malware



My new laptop is a Gateway, and it works just fine. Intel pentium dual core, dvd-ready and it has a dvd-labeler on it too. I've also handled an HP before, as my father's laptop is an HP and that works great too. HP laptops have great connectivity (his laptop has a built-in bluetooth device that I'm green with envy about). Both are good in my opinion.



What you should be more concerned about is its warranty. The better the warranty deal, the better. What's good about HP and Gateway is they both offer service warranties that span from 1-2 years. My dad's previous HP crashed on him after a year and a half. He took it to HP, and since it's warranty-covered, they replaced the whole thing.



Also, what's in the laptops? Built-in bluetooth? Wireless connectivity? How many usb cables can you put into it without having to buy a hub?Does it come with a virus scanner already? This all depends on what your lifestyle requires.



I'm not sure if Gateway would do the same for me in regards to replacing the whole thing if it crashes, I sure hope they do, but point of it is, it all depends on the service and what additional stuff it has. Specs like speed and connectivity are all the same. They're both intel. They're both windows. They could both be dual core and have the same speed, so on and so forth. Good luck and have fun with your new computer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment